One Challenge’s theme going into 2022 is courageous love: boldly engaging in a broken world. Our prayer is to live out Paul’s charge in 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, “Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong, do everything in love.”
Be encouraged by this New Year’s message from Dean and Kathie Carlson.
As the world continues in a global pandemic and divisions abound, the gospel can shine the brightest. As believers strive to love as Christ loved, words and actions point to the hope of the gospel.
As we move toward the brokenness of the world, love from Jesus heals hearts and hurting neighborhoods as the kingdom is lived out in practical ways. Boldly engaging in love leads to expanding disciple-making movements, leaders trained, spiritual healing, growth, care, and meeting physical needs.
We celebrate the doors God opened for One Challenge to love and minister in 2021:
- Disciple-making communities multiplying rapidly in dangerous places.
- Creative ministry approaches amidst pandemic constraints.
- Pastoral leaders equipped to adapt and grow through hardship.
- Churches assisted to holistically serve their at-risk communities.
- Coaching increasingly utilized to encourage others toward potential.
Please join us in lifting up these requests for 2022:
- Pray for ministry that flows out of intimacy with God and is aligned with what he’s doing.
- Intercede for the health of OC workers as they serve others.
- Ask the Lord of the Harvest to raise up new OC global workers.
- Pray for wisdom for OC leaders as they navigate fast changing local, national, and global contexts.
- Ask for fruitfulness far beyond OC’s capacity for God’s glory and the discipling of nations.
Thank you for joining us in the challenge of transforming nations for Christ. Let us know how you’d like to engage with us more deeply as we move into 2022. Below you can give to projects, learn more about becoming a mission worker with OC, and engage in daily prayer points.