“And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son and shall call His name Jesus.”Luke 1:31 NKJV
As Mary’s belly began to grow, those around her were sure to see the outside manifestation of the inside reality. God had performed a miracle! He was birthing a new thing in the earth through Mary. She experienced all the things that go along with pregnancy: the stretching, the discomfort, and the unknown. Along with the joys, the hopes, the dreams.
One Challenge is expectant of the miracles the Lord will provide this season. The ones we can see and the ones we can’t. Our God is at work. Yet, we still feel the discomfort of the unknown. God is stretching us in new directions – new ministries, new people, new opportunities. We know he will carry out his purposes in OC.
Growing Our Global Mission Team
One Challenge is hoping to grow. God has called us to go after the “One Challenge” – the Great Commission: “go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,” and “teach these new disciples to obey all the commands.” Matthew (28:19-20 NLT)
Recruiting and sending more mission workers to more places is a God-sized goal. We are ambitious in our hopes. Our hopes include the Seed Fund, which will equip OC to grow and care for our global workers. In this, we have faith God will bring the right people for such a time as this to be on mission with us around the world.
Growing into Living on Mission
Ministry opportunities are not limited to life overseas. The Lord is at work close to home. Stepping outside of our comfort and embracing missional opportunities can be uncomfortable.
Sometimes obedience to the Lord stretches us. As you celebrate and engage with your community, have a listening ear and heart to the Holy Spirit. In what ways are you being called to grow in your relationship with the Lord and in a missional life?
Pray with Us for New Life
God is in control, and he is still conceiving and birthing new and holy things!
Like Mary, we can say we are expecting! Because what God conceives, he delivers! We are praying for God to take the things that were once called barren and make them spring up with new life.
- Please pray for divine contacts and opportunities to share One Challenge with prospective global mission workers. May God use us to plant seeds of mission service in the minds and hearts of many.
- Pray our partners and supporters will experience shalom in life and fruitfulness in service as they align with God’s purposes in our world.
- Pray new workers will feel God’s calling germinate in their hearts – those we may know, and those only God knows.
- Pray with us toward special year-end giving to the Seed Fund. The Seed Fund maximizes the United States Mobilization Center’s ability to serve OC global workers.
- Pray for hope to come to our under-supported brothers and sisters in OC. We are looking to the Lord to provide from within the OC community to assist our fellow workers.